top of page
Isle of Ely Fire Service post ww2 was formed in 1948 after the N.F.S ( National Fire Service ) handed back fire control to regional county & county borough fire brigades. The Isle of Ely Fire Service covered 354 square miles of area with 9 fire stations & the brigade merged with Cambridgeshire Fire Brigade in 1965 to form The Cambridge & Isle Of Ely Fire Service which lasted for 9 years until 1974 when the brigade became Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service.

This cap badge manufactured by London Badge & Button Company who were official suppliers to the brigade is in great condition. The enamel centre fixed to the standard economy issue Home Office lined star via a thin brass pin, both cap fixing lugs are intact to the rear of the cap badge.

Isle Of Ely Fire Service 1948 To 1965 Cap Badge

SKU: sku_5213d300638b8_1377030912
    bottom of page