top of page
Central Fire Brigade in Scotland was formed in 1948 when the N.F.S ( National Fire Service ) handed back fire control to regional county & county borough fire brigades. Central Fire Brigade lasted for 20 years until 1968 when it changed its name to Central Area Fire Brigade. The brigade covered 736 square miles with 22 fire stations & took in the area's of Clackmannan, Dunbarton & Stirling which included the towns of Dumbarton, Clydebank, Falkirk & Stirling.
The badge issued was the standard Scottish emblem with the words Central Fire Brigade within the red ring circlet.
This officers cap badge manufactured by Mike Trueman Badges of Birmingham is in great condition with the enamel centre fixed to the standard officers pattern wreath & the enamel centre fixed to the wreath by 2 short straps, both cap fixing lugs intact to the rear of the badge.

Central Fire Brigade Officer 1948 To 1968 Cap Badge

    bottom of page