top of page
East Sussex Fire Brigade was formed in 1948 after The Natiopnal Fire Service disbanded & fire control came under the regional counties & county borough's to administer. The first pattern cap badge of a single crown with no white wave between the crown & birds on the shield was in force from 1948 to 1974. There are 2 patterns of this cap badge being small or larger birds within the shield. The 2nd pattern introduced in 1974 had a white wavy line seperating the single crown from the birds. The 3rd pattern in use for only 6 years added an extra 2 crowns to the top of the shield in 199. In 2004 the brigade changed it's title to Fire & Rescue Service. 
This 2nd pattern cap badge from 1974 to 2004 is manufactured by Firmin of London who were official suppliers to the brigade. The badge is in excellent condition with the 2 cap fixing lugs to the rear & perfect patina on the enamel centre which is fixed to the fully pressed home office star !

East Sussex Fire Brigade 1974 To 1998 Cap Badge

    bottom of page